“To promote family wellness, we endeavour to create and sustain relationships that are based on truth and respect of individuals’ and family values. We strive to encourage families to recognize and build on individual, family, and community strengths. We acknowledge the significance of the parent-child relationship. We recognize that children, gifts from the Creator, must always be respected, loved and nurtured. Through nurturing, LSIB will have healthy children, thriving families and strong communities.”
The goals of the LSIB ECD Programs are to work with parents, caregivers and other family members, with respect and in a holistic cooperative and sharing manner by:
- Supporting the primary teachers and observers of their children.
- Promoting family strengths and interests.
- Helping to identify developmental needs of their children.
- Empowering them by providing culturally sensitive information on child development.
- Fostering independent thinking.
ECD Outreach Programming Includes:
- Early childhood development activities supporting child development, school readiness, health, nutrition, language and culture
- Parenting workshops
- Summer activities
- Traditional crafts
- Vision, dental & hearing screenings
Aboriginal Infant Development Programs Include:
- Developmental assessments
- Referrals to outside agencies
- Toy and equipment loans
- Advocacy and support for special needs children
- Speech and language support
- FASD support and information
- Special needs support and information
T: 250. 499-5528
Jackie Tallio, ECD, email@example.com