The nurse provides supports for the community health program and the home and community care program through home visits. She provides direct services to members on a drop-in basis or a request for home visit. This program offers wellness group that supports members with chronic diseases. LSIB links with interior health to administer the immunization program with our babies and children. The nurse will provide flu clinics and other wellness groups on request.
- Explain health care services to patients and family.
- Collaborate with other members of the health care team in planning and providing health care services.
- Maintain knowledge and skills required for community health nursing practice.
- Maintain current registration with CRNBC and necessary certifications.
- Home Care Assessment
- Home Visits
- Foot Care
- Health Support Group
- Case Management of ILP
- Intake Process/Training
- Capacity Building
- SDRT Reporting
- Pre-natal and Post-natal Care
The LSIB community based diabetes program that has the following elements: promotion; prevention; screening and care. This program provides a healthy harvest box to diabetics, Wellness workshops focus on healthy eating, exercise, education and awareness of diabetes risk factors and Hemaglobin A1C screening tests. LSIB provides resources for self screening.
Canadian Prenatal Nutrition Program
This program targets pregnant women and mothers with infants up to 12 months of age living on reserve and is delivered by LSIB Health and Social department. The LSIB Health staff include the Health Promotion Worker, the Community Health Nurse which partner with the Interior Health Authority to meet the community needs. The overall goal is to improve maternal and infant nutritional health. The program supports activities related to nutrition screening, education and support; maternal nutrition; and breast feeding promotion, education and support. Cultural group activities include:
- Nutrition education at luncheons or one on one with the Community Health Nurse;
- The provision of food through harvest boxes and food vouchers that improve food security of pregnant women, infants and mothers; and
- Community Kitchen Programs in partnership with LSIB Head Start Program, which provides women food preparation skills.
Contact: Interested? Apply today!